What’s new in v1.3¶
A quick rundown of the new features and documentation in the v1.3 release of Hyperledger Fabric:
- MSP Implementation with Identity Mixer: A way to keep identities anonymous and unlinkable through the use of zero-knowledge proofs. There is a tool that can generate Identity Mixer credentials in test environments known as idexmigen, the documentation for which can be found in Identity Mixer MSP configuration generator (idemixgen).
- Setting key-level endorsement policies: Allows the default chaincode-level endorsement policy to be overridden by a per-key endorsement policy.
- Query the CouchDB State Database With Pagination: Clients can now page through result sets from chaincode queries, making it feasible to support large result sets with high performance.
- Chaincode for Developers: As an addition to the current Fabric support for chaincode written in Go and node.js, Java is now supported. You can find a javadoc for this here.
- Peer channel-based event services: The peer channel-based event service itself is not new (it first debuted in v1.1), but the v1.3 release marks the end of the old event hub. Applications using the old event hub must switch over to the new peer channel-based event service prior to upgrading to v1.3.
- Upgrading to the Newest Version of Fabric: Leverages the BYFN network to show how an upgrade flow should work. Includes both a script (which can serve as a template for upgrades), as well as the individual commands.
- Query the CouchDB State Database With Pagination: Expands the current CouchDB tutorial to add pagination.
Other new documentation¶
- Blockchain network: Conceptual documentation that shows how the parts of a network interact with each other. The initial version of this document was added in v1.2.
For more information, including FAB numbers for the issues and code reviews that made up these changes (in addition to other hygiene/performance/bug fixes we did not explicitly document), check out the release notes. Note that these links will not work on the release candidate, only on the GA release.