What’s new in v1.2¶
A quick rundown of the new features and documentation in the v1.2 release of Hyperledger Fabric:
New major features¶
- Private Data Collections: A way to keep certain data/transactions confidential among a subset of channel members. We also have an architecture document on this topic which can be found here.
- Service Discovery: Discover network services dynamically, including orderers, peers, chaincode, and endorsement policies, to simplify client applications.
- Access control: How to configure which client identities can interact with peer functions on a per channel basis.
- Pluggable endorsement and validation: Utilize pluggable endorsement and validation logic per chaincode.
- Upgrade to version v1.2: Leverages the BYFN network to show how an upgrade flow should work. Includes both a script (which can serve as a template for upgrades), as well as the individual commands.
- CouchDB: How to set up a CouchDB data store (which allows for rich queries).
- Private data: Shows how to set up a collection using BYFN.
- Query certificates based on various filter criteria (Fabric CA):
Describes how to use
fabric-ca-clientto manage certificates.
New conceptual documentation¶
- Fabric network as a concept: A look at the structure of the various pieces of a Fabric network and how they interact.
- Private data: See above.